Zoom in from here. This is ideal as an initial map for your GIS. It highlights Britain while showing neighbouring countries of Europe.
Let your message stand out. There’s no clutter on this map, so it’s also great for hand-outs, desktop publishing and classroom use.
The GB Overview Map is free to view, download and use for commercial, education and personal purposes.
Choose your version
Use the map that’s right for you. We provide one map highlighting roads and cities, and another with terrain to the fore.
|Key features||What this product offers|
GeoTIFF LZW compressed 254 dpi
Annually, each December
Online download and DVD
Great Britain and neighbouring parts of Europe
How is this data supplied and what do I need to use it?
GB Overview Maps are available to download. You can also get it on DVD. You’ll need a geographic information system (GIS) or image editing software to use it.
Can I customise the way the map looks?
While you can’t change the look of the map itself, you can open it in image editing or desktop publishing software and make annotations.
GB Overview Maps is available under the following Licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2016
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2016
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2016