A continually updated database, OS MasterMap contains 450 million geographic features found in the real world, from individual addresses to roads and buildings. Every feature has a unique common reference (a TOID), which enables the layers to be used together and combined with your own information.
- The cornerstone of the OS MasterMap family, this gives you the context you need to interpret addresses, routes, imagery and all of the other information offered by the other layers, as well as complementary terrain and gazetteer datasets. It now includes Sites data; Building Height Attribution is currently in Alpha release.
- Aerial photography of the highest quality and currency, Imagery Layer enables you to monitor features such as road markings, tree canopies, pipes and paths from your desktop, reducing the need for site visits.
- The most current and complete network view of Great Britain’s roads available today, ITN shows the geometry of 550,000 km of motorways, roads and urban paths. It underpins many routing applications developed by our Partners.
- OS MasterMap Highways Network (Version 1) is one authoritative single view of the whole road network in Great Britain.
- The only detailed, heighted water network of Great Britain, this shows the flow and precise course of rivers, streams, lakes and canals. It's an ideal tool for flood risk management decisions and sharing information between national and local organisations.
We also recommend the following complementary datasets.
Using data from the NLPG, Royal Mail PAF and OS MasterMap, AddressBase Premium gives you the full picture about addresses, from construction to demolition.
Points of Interest
Grouping over 4 million places across Great Britaininto more than 600 classifications, PoI is ideal for risk assessment, customer analysis and much more.
OS Terrain 5
With detailed modelling of significant features such as roads, railways, quarries and lakes, OS Terrain 5 adds a valuable third dimension to your analysis.