See the big picture. MiniScale is ideal as a fast-loading national map of Great Britain for your GIS. it's accurate, quality-assured and easy on the eye.
MiniScale maps are great for desktop publishing. You can print them as wall maps or use extracts in sales brochures or project documents.
Save money and benefit from simple licensing terms. MiniScale is free to view, download and use for commercial, education and personal purposes.
Choose the map that’s right for you. MiniScale downloads include files for both GIS users and graphic designers. We provide a map highlighting roads and cities, and another with terrain to the fore.
|Key features||What this product offers|
Tifff LZW compressed 254 dpi (raster); Adobe Illustrator and EPS files (vector)
Raster and vector
256 colours in the TIFF version of this product
1:1 000 000
Once a year, in January
Online download and DVD
How is this data supplied and what do I need to use it?
MiniScale is available to download. You can also get it on DVD. You’ll need a geographic information system (GIS) or image editing software to use it.
Can I customise the way the map looks?
Yes, you can turn off layers in the .ai files, which open in Adobe Illustratror (open source alternatives are available), then export files in other formats for use in your GIS or printed documents.
MiniScale is available under the following Licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2017
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2017
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2017