Updated product releases
We have released revision updates available for media and download formats with the following products.
- OS VectorMap
- Code-Point with Polygons
- ITN Urban Paths
OS OpenData product release update since January 2014
- Meridian2 data you will notice improvements for passenger railways and stations and removal of all the freight related data.
- Strategi now has simplified data supply structures across all formats.
- MiniScale specification has changed for place names. Alternative spellings of place names are now available in the EXTRAS layer of the Illustrator file.
Ordnance Survey are pleased to announce the beta release of OS MasterMap Network Water Layer Beta. If you want to be part of the trial you can regiester for your application here.
Improvements to our Raster and OS VectorMap Local delivery
We are improving the speed with which it fulfils customer orders for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster and OS VectorMap Local products.
As membership of the PSMA grows we continue to look for ways to improve our service to ensure members are treated equitably and have access to product refreshes as early as possible. Since the launch of the online ordering portal we have been continually developing and improving this service to ensure you receive our most current data.
The next phase of this work is being implemented in March 2014, but only affects:-
- New and existing Great Britain Coverage contracts for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster and OS VectorMap Local products.
Media changes for OS OpenData OS Streetview Great Britain Coverage contracts.
What are the changes?
For those members that have contracts created by or for them in the Online Ordering Service, it will mean there will be some changes to the way you view existing 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster and OS VectorMap Local contracts and also the creation of new orders. Ordnance Survey will be contacting all those affected members directly, but the headlines are:
- Only existing and any new Great Britain (GB) coverage contracts will be affected.
- Great Britain contracts will supply Great Britain coverage only and Customers wanting to order areas less than Great Britain will need to create a new contract for each area of interest (AOI) polygon area they require.
- There will be no interruption to the delivery of your updates, as these will continue to be based upon the current update schedule.
- Format and delivery options will be matched to your existing supply.
- This will not affect the update cycle or history of orders for these products.
- OS Streetview will be supplied on DVD for national coverage orders, in-line with all other OS OpenData products. The folder and file structure of the product will be unaffected.
We aim to introduce this in time for the March 2014 refresh of these products.
What changes will I see in the Online Ordering Service?
You will notice a new option available in the online ordering service when ordering one of the affected products 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster and OS VectorMap Local:-
- The whole of Great Britain - National Coverage contract/order option.
- Selecting “The whole of Great Britain” option will disable the map (see below) on this contract and you will no longer be able to submit future (area of interest) AOI orders against this contract.
- Note: Customers wanting to order areas less than Great Britain (GB) will need to create a separate new contract for AOI order submissions.
Why are we making these changes?
- This change will enable us to supply and fulfil both Great Britain and area of interest orders much more quickly to you the customer, on each product refresh.
- We have increased the frequency of updates for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster and OS VectorMap Local products to quarterly and supplying more updated tiles of these products than ever before.
- We currently supply bulk datasets as Managed Great Britain Sets (MGBS) for OS MasterMap and AddressBase products and are looking to implement consistency and extend this to our Raster product family.
If there are any questions about this change, please see the product ordering FAQ’s or contact your Ordnance Survey relationship manager. Alternatively, please call 08453 757595 or email email@example.com.
(Lines are open 8.30am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri, excluding public holidays and privilege days).