Addressing tomorrow's data today
On this page:
OS Places is the new address match and cleanse API tool from us, Ordnance Survey.
It is a secure, scalable and resilient address lookup web service, hosted in the cloud. It connects your existing software to the most comprehensive address database in Great Britain – AddressBase Premium – available free at the point of use to all public sector organisations in England and Wales under the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA).
You can use OS Places to quickly capture and verify addresses; find specific addresses from wherever you are located, and cleanse your already populated database to ensure there are no duplicate entries and your data is accurate.
Features of OS Places
- Cloud-based resilient
- Safe and secure encryption
- Address data is updated every six weeks
- It has over 39 million address records
- It contains 11 million more records than Royal Mail PAF
- API integrates with web and mobile applications
- It contains Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) records
The benefits to you
A snapshot of AddressBase Premium mapping data
OS Places benefits from AddressBase Premium having the most comprehensive view of the world of addresses throughout the property lifecycle – from planning permission through to construction, occupation, change of use to demolition and beyond. You can be confident that you will have access to the very latest address data.
OS Places is available through the Local Authority Software Applications (LASA). It provides the ability for local authorities to allocate address, the UPRN and administrative area details.
In more detail, OS Places enables you to:
- Address match and cleanse
- Look up addresses in real time in customer facing operations
- Understand where your assets are
- Locate land and property with pinpoint accuracy
- Add the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) to your existing address holding
- Create uniformity to all database entries
OS Places is easy to integrate with your web and front office systems and it's a scalable and resilient architecture offering 99.9% uptime and 24/7 cloud support.
The overall benefits to you are that OS Places:
- Minimises business risk of data entry errors
- Provides one organisational view of address information
- Increases your address data quality
- Reduces your operational expenditure on data management, storage and access
- Reduces the cost of data upkeep; the cloud-hosted solution removes fixed and variable costs
- Makes your organisation more productive and operationally efficient
For more information please visit our OS Places page.
You can also trial OS Places for free, choosing the best package for your needs:
*No Postcode Address File (PAF) royalty fees