Digimap for Schools
Bring geography to life with this interactive service for primary and secondary school children. Join more than 1,000 schools using EDINA's Digimap for Schools across GB.
- Secure online service - no installation or maintenance required.
- Save pupils' work online or locally in different formats.
- Ideal for primary cross-curriculum (PDF) and rich learning tasks.
- Supports KS1 and 2 geography map skills.
- Contains GB maps needed for GCSE and A Level.
- Supports Scottish social studies outcomes.
- Excellent for National 4 and 5 Geography Added Value Units.
- Includes historical maps.
- Prepare for the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
The mapping you get
- Huge library of digital maps, updated annually.
- Local, regional and road atlas style maps.
- Different scale maps - 1:50 000 scale OS Landranger Map, 1:25 000 scale OS Explorer Map and large scale maps at 1:1250.
- Includes OS MasterMap, the most detailed digital mapping of GB.
- Historial mapping of the 1950s and one-inch 1895-1899 maps provided by the National Library of Scotland.
Using the tools
- Annotate maps with customisable lines, polygons, text, photos and point markers.
- Measure distances, area and do spatial analysis with the buffer tool.
- Compare two eras of historical mapping at once.
- Reveal grid references and add grid lines; overlay the National Grid system onto your map.
- Print at A3 or A4; portrait or landscape.
Digimap for Schools in action
Subscribe to Digimap
You buy Digimap for Schools through EDINA. An entire school licence will only cost you between £69 and £143.75 per year.
Try Digimap for Schools. If you're unsure about whether to subscribe, this free trial will show you what the service is about.
Get free trial
Already using a GIS?
If your school already has its own geographic information system (GIS) service, get in touch with Digimap for Schools - MapStream to stream OS mapping to your GIS package.