OS #GetOutSide Terms and Conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- To apply to become an OS GetOutside Champion you must be a resident of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). OS employees and their close relatives are not eligible to apply using the online entry form.
- The minimum age for entry is 18 years of age.
- Applications can be submitted from 2 September 2015. The deadline for applications to be submitted is midnight on 31 October 2015.
- Only one application is permitted per person. You can nominate yourself or another person. If you nominate another person, this will not prevent you from submitting an application for yourself. The other person that you nominate will be sent an email asking for their permission to be considered, and to accept these terms and conditions.
- Applications must be submitted by completing the form set out on the OS GetOutside website, under the ‘Become a Champion’ webpage (available at the following link: www.os.uk/getoutside). We regret that we cannot accept applications by post or email.
- Applications must include:
a. Your name, email address, contact telephone number and address / location (and that of the nominated person, if applicable).
b. An explanation of why the nominated person would become a great GetOutside champion for OS (max. 250 words).
c. Details of who the nominated person inspires and how (max. 200 words). If the nominated person uses social media, please include details of any social media account profiles that will enable us to identify them.
d. Up to 3 links to where a photo of the nominated person can be seen, such as a link to a relevant social media profile, blog or online newspaper article.
- All applicants who have submitted complete forms will receive a code that entitles them to one month’s free subscription to OS Maps. OS Maps is a digital mapping and route planning application offered by Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited, which provides access to national coverage of 1:25K (Explorer) and 1:50K (Landranger) mapping. To redeem the code, you will need to visit the OS Maps Online Shop at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/os-maps-online.html. You can then select the ‘OS Maps one month subscription’. At the Checkout, you will be able to enter the code that has been given under the ‘Basket Summary page’. In order to use the service you will need to register if you have not already done so. The one months’ free subscription period for OS Maps will start from the date that the code is activated. You have up to 31 July 2016 to activate the code. The code can only be used once by each applicant. The code is not valid with any other promotional offer.
- Any incomplete applications will not be accepted. OS takes no responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or other problem which may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
- Applications that relate to, or contain, illegal, unethical or offensive conduct or content, infringe third party intellectual property rights, or otherwise fail to comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified. This will be determined by OS, in its sole discretion, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominees who are successful and are selected to become OS GetOutSide Champions will be representatives of OS. You must declare on the application form if there are any circumstances (including existing commercial arrangements or sponsorships) that OS should be aware of, that could give rise to a conflict of interest and / or adversely impact the good will and / or reputation of OS. Please be aware that OS may contact nominees in relation to this and / or undertake background checks to inform the decision as to the selection of the OS GetOutside Champions.
- Completed applications will be passed to a panel of judges that will include the marketing team at OS, and may include one or more of our Brand Ambassadors (Steve Backshall, Bonita Norris or Sean Conway) who will shortlist the entries and select up to 12 GetOutSide Champions based on the following criteria:
Ability to inspire or motivate others to get outside
Commitment to their active outdoor lifestyle
Ability to communicate OS GetOutside campaign messages to a wider audience
SELECTED #GETOUTSIDE CHAMPIONS
- The selected GetOutside Champions will be notified by email no later than 30 November 2015.
- If a selected OS GetOutside Champion does not respond after reasonable attempts have been made to contact them, or they decide to withdraw from the process, or their application is disqualified, OS reserves the right to select another replacement OS GetOutSide Champion in accordance with the selection process set out in clause 10.
- OS will endeavour to inform all applicants after 30 November 2015 if their application is unsuccessful. Unfortunately, OS will not enter into any correspondence or be able to provide feedback should your application be unsuccessful.
- OS GetOutSide Champions will represent OS for a minimum of one year, up until December 2016, and will be invited to engage in marketing and promotional activities during this time to promote the OS GetOutSide campaign and the OS brand. These activities can include (but are not limited to) participation in media events, a photoshoot with one or more of the OS Brand Ambassadors, testing OS Leisure products and being featured on the OS GetOutSide website. It is highly desirable that OS GetOutSide Champions utilise social media to raise awareness of the OS #GetOutside Campaign.
- In addition, OS will provide the OS GetOutSide Champions with an exclusive GetOutSide Champion clothing pack (including a specialised t-shirt, jacket, hat, water bottle - items not available for public consumption); a small cash sponsorship (up to a maximum £200); and a selection of OS Explorer Outdoor Leisure maps, to assist the GetOutSide Champions with their outdoor activities. OS will contact the GetOutSide Champions on or before 17 November 2015 in relation to any specifications (for example their size for the clothing) and to arrange delivery of the items within 28 days to a UK address provided by the GetOutSide Champion.
- Successful OS GetOutSide Champions will be invited to enter into a separate contract with OS that will set out terms and conditions for the OS GetOutside Champion role. If any GetOutSide Champion does not wish to enter into the formal agreement with OS, OS reserves the right to select another Champion who will be notified accordingly.
- If you have indicated your consent to receive newsletters and/or other email communications Ordnance Survey Limited and Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited about their products, services and promotions, you will be added to their electronic mailing lists accordingly. If you do not wish for the use of your details to be used for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the email that is sent to you.
- OS disclaims all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property, (whether direct or indirect) incurred by any person in connection with submission of an application to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- By submitting an application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- OS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage in any way. OS also reserves the right to cancel the OS GetOutSide Champion programme at any stage if in our opinion it is deemed necessary to do so, or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
- OS is entitled to assign any and all of its rights to one of its group companies.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Ordnance Survey Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 09121572) whose registered address is Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, SO16 0AS.