AddressBase Products

Valuation Office Agency Data

DPaulleyDPaulley
    • 22 April 2016 07:41AM
    • Visits: 10
    • Discussions: 4
    • Responses: 22
    • Last active: 17 March 2017 08:39AM

As we have many queries about the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) data which is contained within the AddressBase products, this post has been created to give further information of what data is accessible.

Firstly VOA data is available in both AddressBase Plus and AddressBase Premium but is not available in the AddressBase product.

It is also important to understand the data we publish as part of our products. Within both AddressBase Plus and AddressBase Premium we make the VOA Unique Address Reference Number (UARN) available. This is present in the VOA_CT_RECORD and VOA_NDR_RECORD columns in AddressBase Plus or resides within the Cross Reference table in AddressBase Premium with a SOURCE value of 7666VC or 7666VN. The reason for using the UARN is that it is a unique key provided by the VOA for records across Great Britain.

If you are using AddressBase Plus, because of the flat file structure we are only able to give you a UARN if we have a one to one match between a UPRN and the VOA record. If for example there is one UPRN to many VOA records, no UARNs will be present for the given UPRN in AddressBase Plus.
    In contrast to the above AddressBase Premium, due to its relationship model, is able to provide one to many matches between the UPRN and UARN. This means all VOA cross references will be provided in a one to many relationship between the BLPU table and Cross Reference table.

If you have any other questions regarding the inclusion of VOA data in our AddressBase products please post below this thread.

4 responses

Skyline
      • 21 June 2016 04:24PM
      • Visits: 1
      • Discussions: 0
      • Responses: 0
      • Last active: 22 June 2016 12:33PM

Hi

What level of VOA data is present in EPOCH-39

I have May2016 VOA, is this going to correspond ?

Cheers

Brian

DPaulleyDPaulley
        • 22 June 2016 12:17PM
        • Visits: 10
        • Discussions: 4
        • Responses: 22
        • Last active: 17 March 2017 08:39AM

Hi Brian,

Epoch 39 was released on 10th March 2016 and therefore will not directly correlate to VOA data taken in May 2016.

Within our release notes we state when data was taken from each of the contributors to form that given Epoch.

The release notes can be found here -
        https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/help-and-support/products/addressbase-release-notes.html

I hope this helps.

Skyline
          • 22 June 2016 12:35PM
          • Visits: 1
          • Last active: 22 June 2016 12:33PM

Thanks Dean

I am a bit removed from the guys who actually upload the EPOCH's, so I do not get to see the Release notes... I do now thanks to you

Cheers

Brian

pdellar
            • 24 April 2018 11:23AM
            • Visits: 0
            • Last active: 24 April 2018 11:08AM

Dean,

I am looking for some guidance on how to link VOA data to OSAB Premium, and having used OSAB Basic for some years Premium is new to me.

I have loaded premium into our PostGIS database and I have several tables. abp_blpu, abp_classification, abp_crossref etc etc etc.

Within abp_crossref there is a source attribute and I can see the values 7666VC that have a value (for example 271455094) in the cross-reference attribute. I assume where source is 7666VC or 7666NV, the value in the cross_reference attribute is the UARN?

If this is the case, then this value will be present in the VOA records and subsequently I am able to link the information form VOA to the OSAB address via this UARN and UPRN?

Thanks

Phil

Please login or sign-up to respond to this discussion.

© Ordnance Survey 2016