Things to do at Blenheim Palace
Take a look at all the exciting things you can get up to at Blenheim Palace whilst visiting BBC Countryfile Live. Explore gardens, mazes, lakes and woods all within the palace grounds.
What do you love about the countryside? A new survey has revealed what Brits really love about the countryside and it may not be entirely what you're expecting.
In a recent survey, country clothing retailer A Hume asked 10,000 people what they love about the great British countryside. The survey revealed some interesting facts.
More and more Brits are moving away from built up urban areas to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. Results show that lots of people prefer the things that rural living offers them compared to life in an urban area.
According to the study, idyllic scenery is high on the UK’s agenda, with many participants saying they love a countryside view as well as other mentioning that they love to be up and close with the amazing wildlife that Britain has to offer.
In all, 10,000 people were surveyed about what they love most about the countryside. The survey found that:
- 52% of overall respondents said peace and quiet was top of the agenda.
- 45% of all participants say they love a countryside view
- A third of those surveyed said the chance to get up close with the wildlife is what draws them to the countryside.
- For 1 in 4 people, the appeal of a country pub is what they love most about spending time in the sticks.
- 20% of Brits said a lack of traffic is their favourite thing about escaping urban areas.
- Last year British staycations hit a seven-year high with over 19.7 million UK holidays booked in the first quarter of 2015.
What do you love most about the countryside? What inspires you to get out of the city and enjoy the British countryside? Comment below and let us know, we want to hear!