The closing date for entries to the Association for Geographic Information's (AGI) prestigious annual awards ceremony, recognising the very best achievements in the field of geographic information, has now passed.
Along with Ordnance Survey, other key industry players such as ESRI, 1spatial, Informed Solutions and GIStandards are sponsoring awards to help recognise excellence, innovation and best practice within the sector.
This year sees a new format and ten new awards showcasing high impact projects, innovation and commitment to the GI industry and in GI Education. We're sponsoring the AGI Award for Best Use of Geospatial for Business Benefit.
The award categories are:
- The AGI Award for Excellence in Education
- The AGI Award for Best Geospatial Data Visualisation
- The AGI Award for Excellence in Research & Development
- The AGI Award for Excellence with Impact
- The AGI Award for Best Use of Geospatial for Business Benefit
- The AGI Student of the Year
- The AGI Award for Exceptional Service
- The Industry Award for Career Achievement in GI
As well as obtaining recognition of the businesses success amongst industry peers and showcasing the organisation at the UKs biggest gathering of GI professionals, the awards help to raise the winner’s profile amongst the most renowned names in the industry and provide an opportunity to prove that you are at the forefront of the GI market.