The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) maintains the Philippine Geodetic Reference System (PGRS) – the primary reference for all surveying and mapping in the country. In line with its modernisation plans, it asked Ordnance Survey International to optimise the performance and value of its Philippine Active Geodetic Network (PageNET), the country’s network of permanently installed and continuously operating geodetic reference stations (CORS).
What were the challenges?
- Updating CORS infrastructure and support.
- Establishing users’ current and future needs.
- Moving towards real-time infrastructure and associated services.
- Optimising the performance and value of PageNET.
What was the solution?
We are delighted to have worked with Ordnance Survey International. Their world class expertise has helped us review our GPS active network to ensure we are getting the best possible usage and also making it widely available for other purposes across Philippines government— Ruel DM, Belen, Director of Mapping and Geodesy Branch, NAMRIA.
Ordnance Survey International also ran user analysis workshops for NAMRIA to better understand the needs of PAGEnet customers, now and in the future. Sectors covered included disaster risk reduction and management, surveying and mapping, infrastructure, transportation and environment. The current PageNET system was also reviewed, to maximise potential and usage.
What were the benefits?
- An expert understanding on how to better serve NAMRIA customers and what their users want.
- An accurate underlying geospatial infrastructure to serve government departments.
- A cheap, easy-to-access, and uniform system to underpin the accurate data.
- The whole nation is now joined up, with different sectors using the same data and standards.
How can we help you?
Ordnance Survey International provides consultancy services in a wide range of areas including data modelling, strategy and vision, geomaturity assessments, geospatial information system roadmaps and providing support for major national events.
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 3456 050505.