Geovation welcomes first Scottish start-ups to its Accelerator Programme
Edinburgh-based Geovation Scotland will provide these promising new tech start-ups with focused support, access to quality location and property data and resources to help them develop and thrive.
OS and HM Land Registry also welcome the latest set of companies to join the Geovation Accelerator Programme in London.
The Clerkenwell-based Accelerator Programme has produced a steady pipeline of success since launching in 2015.
Eighty-four start-ups have been helped to grow, which has seen them create more than 200 new jobs and raise £23.3 million in investment funding.
The first Geovation Scotland cohort supported by OS and RoS:
- Folarity - ‘Forest Planner’ is a software as a service (SAAS) platform consisting of a website and mobile apps that will help forest managers plan and monitor their woodlands
- Walks and Waterfalls - a treasure app to help users locate Scotland’s waterfalls, wild swimming spots, undiscovered walks and heritage sites
- AboveBoard - a community-driven, property factoring platform to equip people living in residential blocks and developments with tools to reduce maintenance costs through optional self-management.
The latest Geovation cohort to be supported by OS and HMLR:
- Earthscope – finds, forecasts and assesses wildfires by harnessing AI, satellite images and the weather
- Hammer-Flights – provides an adaptive flight automation platform for drone service providers and in-house drone programmes to collect quick and precise data
- Atmo – provides air quality monitoring to heavy industry to minimise exposure to personnel
- Veya – a new platform that reduces the number of non-completions whilst simultaneously reducing the end to end transaction times.
- Crowdhaus – is modernising the property search market by providing the 21st century with “For Sale” Smart Signs
- SociAbility – the SociAbility mobile app allows users to quickly and easily find detailed and reliable accessibility information for local social venues and shops.
- Lairvue Ltd – is a property viewing company providing a comprehensive 7 day viewing service to ensure property viewings do not get cancelled, postponed or missed.
Head of Geovation, Alex Wrottesley, says: “We’re very pleased and excited to have the opportunity to bring what we do to Edinburgh to work more closely with Scottish start-ups.
"The diversity and quality of the applications to the Geovation Scotland Accelerator Programme were very strong and this bodes well for the future.
"HM Land Registry have been integral to Geovation establishing a PropTech stream in our London Accelerator Programme, and so we’re looking forward to replicating this with Registers of Scotland.
“This month Geovation celebrates its tenth anniversary.
"It has been an incredible 10 years that has seen this Ordnance Survey initiative grow and establish itself within the start-up and entrepreneurial community. I
"It’s been a real team effort and we’re now looking forward to the next ten years and helping even more start-up launch and prosper.”
Jennifer Henderson, Keeper of the Registers of Scotland, said: “We are delighted to welcome the first group of ambitious entrepreneurs into the Geovation Scotland Accelerator Programme.
"This initiative will provide an environment for fostering innovation and creativity. It represents our ongoing commitment to finding new uses for RoS data that can benefit the people of Scotland and the Scottish economy.”
Andrew Trigg, Chief Geospatial & Data Officer at HM Land Registry adds: “We couldn’t be more excited to welcome the latest cohort of PropTech innovators, and help them apply our data to solving important social and commercial challenges.
"Ten years into Geovation, and we’re still seeing ever more novel and exciting ideas with each new intake.”