Ordnance Survey picnic competition
Ordnance Survey picnic bundle competition terms and conditions
- The competition commences 22 May 2019. All entries must be received by 23:59pm, 4 June 2019. No entry details submitted after this time will be valid.
- Entry is open to residents of United Kingdom who are aged 18 or older, but excludes employees of Ordnance Survey, their immediate families, anyone connected professionally with the prize draw, or any person where entering this competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- The competition is free to enter – no purchase, or marketing newsletter opt-in is necessary. By accepting the ‘additional entry’ tick box in the competition form you are agreeing to receive emails with details on products, special offers and promotions from Ordnance Survey and its group of companies. These are free to receive, and you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in all emails. It grants the entrant an additional chance to be included in the random draw. For more information please refer to:
- The Prizes include the following:
- The OS Go Explore Picnic Game: this waterproof picnic rug includes 5 games, ideal for family holidays & days out.
- An OS Trek Towel: From London to the Lake District, choose a towel featuring mapping of a location of your choice.
- A 12 month premium subscription to the award winning OS Maps. If the winner is an existing subscriber, 12 months will be added onto their current subscription.
If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 28 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
- The prizes are strictly non-transferable to another person, trip or redeemable for cash.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those who entered the competition, and they will be notified by email by the organisers within 14 days of the closing date.
- Only one entry per person will be available unless opting in for the ‘additional entry’ on the competition form.
- Ordnance Survey’s decision is final.
- Ordnance Survey reserves the right to amend or withdraw the prize draw and any of the prizes in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Should a winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a winner can’t provide us with proof of identity reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another winner.
- Posting an entry on the website isn’t proof of receipt of entry. Neither we nor our contractors accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text message, email, online or postal entry being lost or not properly recorded. We are also not responsible for traffic congestion or other capacity issues which may result in a text message or email not being able to get through or a text message or email not being recorded.
- Unless specified otherwise entrants must only enter the competition once and must use their legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won. Entrants may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. You may not enter the competition using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter the competition repeatedly.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize but this won’t exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
- The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.