Struggling to find that perfect gift? Want someone you love to experience a new perspective of Great Britain this Christmas?
This 12 month digital subscription to the award-winning OS Maps enables them to see more of the Great British outdoors*. Packaged for the first time in a stylish matte black gift box, each subscription code is accompanied by a Getting Started guide, featuring tips on how to make the most of the OS Maps experience, and to help the user get outside in a way that suits their ability and ambition.
OS Maps puts Great Britain’s most detailed leisure mapping at your fingertips, and is packed with features that appeal to both the intrepid adventurer and the armchair explorer. It makes an ideal companion for a wide variety of outdoor activities, whether they are looking to head off the beaten track, or just want inspiration and a more active lifestyle closer to home. And the presentation box is the same dimensions as a standard OS Explorer map, designed to fit neatly on the shelf next to an existing map collection!
Awards for OS Maps:
Best Digital Product - UK Outdoor Industry Awards 2017
Best Online Service – Singletrack Reader Awards 2017
*or treat yourself, by all means!
OS Maps enables the user to:
- access all of Ordnance Survey’s famous Explorer and Landranger mapping from your mobile, tablet and desktop
- see the landscape in different ways with aerial photography, 3D imagery and a new AR (augmented reality) feature
- choose from over 500,000 existing routes or plot your own, whether strolling close to home or exploring further afield.
- save and print your routes and share them for others to use
- download maps for offline use
- follow or record a route when out and about
- import and export GPX files
How to use OS Maps:
- OS Maps is available in both a web version and an app for Android and Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad devices). To have access to all features and get the most out of OS Maps we recommend you use both
- Once you have launched the web version and downloaded the app, you can view, create and sync activity between desktop and mobile. Just use the same login for both.
Subscription is valid for a year from activation, not from the point of purchase (though please note the activation expiry date on the card).
- Full FAQs are available online and through the app
- Clamshell box dimensions: height 240mm x width 135mm x depth 17mm
- OS Maps Gift Card featuring:
- Unique subscription code
- Step-by-step details on how to activate the subscription
- Getting Started with OS Maps guide featuring:
- How to access all features and make the most of OS Maps
- Introduction to the different map scales at your fingertips
- Introduction to exciting new features: 3D and Augmented Reality
- Step-by-step instructions to some key OS Maps activities, including:
- Downloading maps for offline use
- Finding existing routes
- Plotting, saving and sharing your own route
- Following a route
- Importing and exporting GPX files
- Navigation section including using a compass, reading contour lines and understanding grid reference
Minimum Software Requirements:
Available on Apple iTunes for iOS 9.0 and above and Google Play for Android 4.4 (KitKat) and above