OS MapFinder for Kindle
- Free to download app for from Ordnance Survey for Kindle tablets and smartphones. Perfect for walkers, runners, cyclists and anyone who wants to explore the Great British outdoors.
- High quality overview mapping included in free download, plus a sample high resolution map.
- Download additional high-resolution OS Landranger Maps and OS Explorer Maps in 660dpi quality (as used for our paper maps) and use GPS to pinpoint your location.
- Have the ultimate freedom to choose the maps you want - you can purchase individual 100 km2 tiles allowing you to buy detailed mapping only where you need it.
- Map tiles updated for FREE under a revision program and updates are unlimited for the lifetime of the app.*
- Plan your route and waypoints or record your activity and save for review or sharing.
- Map tiles are downloaded and stored on the device and can be used offline - without WiFi or mobile signal.
OS Landranger Map tiles (1: 50 000 scale): 100km2: £0.69 each
OS Explorer Map tiles (1: 25 000 scale): 100km2: £1.99 each
OS MapFinder is available for Kindle HDX and Kindle HD devices running version 4.0 and above. See FAQs for the list of compatible devices.
Zoom through different scales of Ordnance Survey mapping with the option to purchase 100 km2 tiles of more detailed mapping in 660 dpi clarity.
Use the GPS integration to track your progress, see how far you have gone and your average speed. You can then save your trips and even add a photo.
Use the handy planner to plot your route to follow, see how far you'll travel and get an approximate time of how long it will take to walk routes.
For answers to common questions view the tutorial within the app or check the OS Mapfinder for Kindle FAQs
* Tile downloads will be free for the life of the application or until 31 March 2016 (whichever is longer). Updates occur bi-annually (twice a year) as Ordnance Survey updates its mapping.