Encourage tourism in your area. With lots of tourist attractions featured, it’s a great map for your website to help visitors plan days out.
Enhance a leaflet or sales brochure with a map of your local area. You can open the files in image editing software and cut out the area you need.
Save money and benefit from simple licensing terms. 1:250,000 Scale Colour Raster is free to view, download and use for commercial, education and personal purposes.
Easy to manage
This is a raster (flat image) product, so it's quick to load and simple to use.
Need more detail?
If you need cartographic mapping that shows more features on the ground, we recommend 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster or 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster.
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||TIFF palette 8-bit (256 colours) with LZW compression|
|Colour options||Palette of 256 colours|
|Update frequency||Once a year in June (complete resupply)|
|Supply||Online download and DVD|
1:250 000 scale colour raster FAQs
1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster is available under the following licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2018
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
Read more about OpenData licences
The MAGIC map of Natural England
Using Ordnance Survey (OS) mapping, Landmark Solutions created an online portal to help the 2,000 people who visit Natural England's MAGIC website each day.
OS data supports Birmingham’s perinatal mental health service
Improving perinatal services in Birmingham with Ordnance Survey (OS) data.
OS data helps fire crews arrive faster
Ordnance Survey are helping the North-West Fire Control arrive at emergencies faster using GIS like OS MasterMap.