Meet the partner
Verisk is a leading provider of data and analytics for the insurance, financial, and energy markets. In the UK, Verisk uses OS data to support several of its insurance and non-insurance offerings, which fall under Verisk – General Insurance Underwriting, UK & Ireland and Verisk – 3D Visual Intelligence UK.
Verisk – General Insurance Underwriting, UK & Ireland
Providing advanced analytics and software for insurance underwriting for the home, commercial, and motor markets, along with perils risk modelling, quote enrichment and premium analysis.
Contact Verisk – General Insurance Underwriting, UK & Ireland
3D Visual Intelligence UK (3DVI UK)
Verisk’s geospatial data business, harnessing mapping and data analytics to provide land and property insights to industries including insurance, emergency services, government, utilities, telecom network operators, finance, and real estate.
Contact 3D Visual Intelligence UK (3DVI UK)
How they can help you
Verisk General Insurance Underwriting, UK & Ireland offers address datasets and also the full range of OS data via its API real-time data enrichment service, helping insurers make more informed decisions around underwriting, pricing and product development. These solutions include:
- Location Matters – a geographic risk mapping solution that provides a more holistic view of property risk across your entire book of business. Its interactive maps use internal and external perils models and demographic data that allow you to visualise all the different risk accumulations at the individual address or postcode level.
- ResInsight – providing rebuild valuations and property characteristics of residential buildings for underwriting and rating purposes. The solution uses high-resolution aerial images and street-level mapping of a building and its surrounding properties, along with proprietary and third-party data sources, to help assess risk.
- Perils Insight product suite – a set of data models available at postcode or address level that predict the relative risk and variation of theft, subsidence, flooding, storm, fire, escape of water, accidental damage and burst pipe claims across the UK for both household and commercial property insurance.
- Resonate – providing insurers with an insurance-specific geodemographic classification, which assigns geographic areas to categories based on the similarities across a vast range of different lifestyle and neighbourhood factors.
3D Visual Intelligence UK provides spatial data and API services delivering both standard OS data and bespoke data sets tailored to customer needs.
Verisk provide data to OS customers via a number of platforms, including bespoke datasets to meet customer content and geography requirements, data enrichment using 3DVI UK datasets, and API delivery of address and mapping data. These solutions include:
- UKBuildings – a unique national database of building characteristics to provide detailed information about individual buildings and to give an understanding of the character of an area. If you need to know the age, use, height, residential type, number of floors, location, structural detail, or area of a building, UKBuildings can help.
- UKMap – a comprehensive and highly detailed view of buildings and their use, land-use and land-cover for the Greater London area. The unique information available within the product supports a wide range of uses including planning, design and development projects and site investigations.
- UKLand – available as either a clutter model for telecom network operators; or a spatial land use database. It is designed to help users gain an understanding of large areas or regions, or identify specific areas, and offers a comprehensive and consistent view of the use of the land across the UK.
"The data enrichment service Verisk provides has been fundamental to automating our underwriting processes – we couldn’t deliver an accurate price efficiently without it. Verisk has proved to be much more of a partner than simply a data provider with a fast and responsive support network that feels genuinely human. Their team has been very agile in creating bespoke solutions to suit our needs in a way that you wouldn’t expect of such a large company"Hiscox
"At Beazley, the use of Location Matters is integral to our assessment of risk and we find the level of detail provided is invaluable in identifying high risk properties at address level within the UK."Beazley
For 3DVI UK, Verisk works with the UK’s public sector to help with long term energy planning, helping to meet climate change commitments using the Energy Path Network tool. Verisk has helped model London’s energy use: Verisk building information, together with Ordnance Survey Data (and other third-party data), was used to model buildings in London and analyse their energy performance. The ‘3D building stock’ model has been used in a series of consultations to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
In utilities and telecoms, Verisk is involved in national 5G network planning and roll-out, as well as helping companies prioritise maintenance programmes based on risk assessment of the buildings most likely impacted by a service failure.
Supporting health and safety in the UK, Verisk has enabled local governments to evaluate pavement widths as part of the COVID-19 response, to maintain social distancing. Verisk data was also used during rioting in London used to identify premises and addresses where civilians lived above shops, enabling emergency services to prioritise their safety.