A TOID (Topographic Identifier) is a unique and persistent identifier for each and every feature found in OS MasterMap products.
TOIDs are the authoritative identifier assigned to and uniquely identifying real world objects, being essential for customers to link their own data to and track change over time.
OS Open TOID will enable data to be shared for a wide range of landscape and built environment features by providing them with a unique identity and generalised location that can be used by everyone. Watch our OS Open TOID introduction video.
All Topographic points, lines and polygons present in OS MasterMap Topography Layer and junctions, roads and path present in OS MasterMap Highways Networks are also part of this product – so you can be sure you’re not missing out.
The TOIDs in OS Open TOID are allocated by Ordnance Survey. This means you can have confidence you’re accessing an authoritative source of these identifiers.
Identifiers you can trust
The TOID is never re-used, once its allocated to a feature, that’s it, it will never change or be reused.
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||GeoPackage & CSV|
|Attributes||TOID, Source_Product, Version_Number, Version _Date, Location_X (Easting), Location_Y (Northing)|
|Update frequency||Six-weekly refresh|
OS Open TOID is available under the following licence:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2021
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2021