- These terms and conditions are the ‘General Terms’ which apply to every prize draw promotion (each a ‘Promotion’) that Ordnance Survey administers.
- Each Promotion may also have its own specific terms and conditions (‘Specific Terms’).
- These General Terms shall apply in addition to any Specific Terms, which may be in place for a Promotion. You should always read these General Terms together with the Specific Terms. If any provisions in the Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will prevail.
- We may change these General Terms at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
- By entering any Promotion, you accept that you will be bound by these General Terms and any applicable Specific Terms.
- The ‘Promoter’ of a prize draw promotion is the party legally responsible for administering it. For our Promotions, this will be Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, or Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited (company number 06894550), a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey Limited. Both companies are registered in England and Wales, with registered offices at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS.
- We regularly run Promotions in collaboration with other companies, in which case their details will be set out in the relevant Specific Terms.
- Unless Specific Terms state otherwise, our Promotions are open to all Great Britain residents, aged 18 years or over.
- Some Promotions may have a number of additional eligibility requirements and limits, which will be detailed in the Specific Terms.
- Whether all relevant eligibility requirements have been met, will always be decided in our sole discretion and we may require evidence of confirmation from entrants before we award a prize.
- Employees of Ordnance Survey, or any joint promoter, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with a Promotion are not eligible to enter. Any entries submitted by such persons will be invalid.
- No purchase of any product is necessary to enter a Promotions, unless stated differently in the Specific Terms.
- The Specific Terms of each Promotions will set out how to enter but set out below are the general entry mechanisms of our Promotions.
- b. Social Media Promotions: To enter a Promotion run on social media, you may be asked to leave a comment in the manner specified in the Specific Terms and Promotion announcement post on any of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media accounts of OS. You will need to have at least one social media account in order to enter.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Specific Terms, Promotions are limited to one entry per person and entrants may not enter on behalf of another person, group company or syndicate. Entrants must use their legal name.
- Entrants may not use automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to make multiple entries to a Promotion.
- OS takes no responsibility for any technical, communication or other problems that might prevent the receipt of the entrant’s details, and accepts no responsibility for entries which are not visible due to entrants’ privacy settings, or incomplete. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with the entry mechanism.
Winning and Prizes
- OS reserves the right to replace any part of a stated prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash alternative.
- The prize winner of a Promotion will be chosen by random draw from all valid entries for that Promotion. The draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date set out in the Specific Terms, or such other time as set out in the Specific Terms.
- Prize winners will be notified that they have won within 28 days of the date on which the relevant draw has taken place, or such shorter time as set out in the Specific Terms. Unless set out otherwise in the Specific Terms, prize winners will be notified via the email address provided for Online Promotions, or via direct message to the social media account used to enter for Social Media Promotions.
- If we are unable to contact a winner to award a prize within 28 days of the draw, or such shorter time as set out in the Specific Terms, then the winner forfeits their tight to the prize and we reserve the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries.
- Prize winners will need to claim their prize within 2 weeks, or such other term set out in the Specific Terms, of being notified by OS that they have won by responding in the manner set out in our notification. If the prize winner fails to do so, they forfeit their right to the prize and we reserve the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Specific Terms, prizes will be sent free of charge to a UK address provided by the winner. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be set out in the Specific Terms and/or given to winners when they are notified that they have won.
- Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK. Should a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner’s identity in the form of a passport of driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
- We make no representation or warranty in relation to any of the prizes provided and we accept no responsibility for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with a Promotion, or accepting or using any part of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case that liability is limiter to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- We shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by a prize winner in relation to a Promotion or prize.
- All stated prize values are at the recommended retail price in pound sterling and are, to the best of our knowledge and belief, correct at the time of printing. We take no responsibility for any fluctuations in prize values.
Publicity and Personal Information
- Where you have indicated your consent to receiving communications from OS about our offers, products, special offers, promotions and services, as part of entering a Promotion:
- a. your email address will be added to our electronic mailing list accordingly;
- b. any personal data you provide will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and associated laws;
- d. see also Condition 31 below with regard to the announcement of winners;
- e. if you do not wish for the use of your details for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the emails that are sent to you.
- Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, OS must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, OS will send the surname and county of a prize winner to anyone who contacts OS using the details set out in the Specific Terms within one month after the closing date of a Promotion. If a prize winner objects to their surname and/or county being published or made available, they should notify OS of this when responding to the notification email to claim their prize. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
- A prize winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising out of a Promotion.
- OS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who we reasonably believe violates the General Terms or Specific Terms and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
- If for any reason any Promotion is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Promotion, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- We may vary these General Terms or any Specific Terms or terminate a Promotion at any time at our absolute discretion if reasonably required to do so. Termination or variation of a Promotion is without liability to any entrant or other person. We will not award the prize if a Promotion is terminated.
- All our decisions relating to a Promotion are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- A failure by OS to enforce any of the terms and conditions in the General Terms or Specific Terms in any instance will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- In the event that any provision of these General Terms or any Specific Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our staff’s negligence or for fraud or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law or regulation.
- We cannot guarantee that the services or systems for entering a Promotion, will at all times be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any problem with any network or line, system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control. We do not accept responsibility where all or any part of the service relating to a Competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- Our Promotions are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social media platform providers. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of service of those platform providers when entering a Promotion published on social media and further agree to release the social media sites from any liability arising from or as a result of any participation in such Promotion.
- These General Terms and any Specific Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.