What OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer provides you with
Sustainable service delivery
As Britain’s most comprehensive and up to date dataset of urban greenspaces, it can be used to support efficiencies in service deliveries, investments and policy creation where use of such greenspaces is a factor.
It can help you manage the local green environment, including air quality, biodiversity, housing regeneration and flood resilience.
Use OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer to support policy interventions around health and wellbeing though the promotion of increased physical activity and improved mental health.
The OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer dataset comprises of topographic areas published in OS MasterMap Topography Layer, with additional greenspace-specific attribution to describe their function. It includes both publicly accessible and private green spaces, sports facilities and natural environment features
Need more technical information?
Read product guides, technical specification and further documents and support.
- Use cases
This dataset has been designed for the public sector, it shows accessible and non-accessible greenspaces in urban areas, helping to support a wider set of government initiatives around health and the environment.
- Data theme
- Land Use
- Data structure
- Vector - Polygons
- Great Britain
- 1:1250 to 1:10,000
- ESRI Shapefile
- GML 3.2.1
- Vector Tiles
- Ordering area
- All of Great Britain or customisable area (5km2 tiles)
- Publication months
- OS Data Hub plan
- Energy & Infrastructure Plan
- Premium Plan
- Public Sector Plan
Documents and Support
Getting started guides
- OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer - Getting started guideThe getting started guide provides instructions for using the product in different software applications. Users with limited technical knowledge will be able to follow this guide.v1.24.3 mbApril 4, 2022
- Getting started with GeoPackageThis guide helps you to get started using GeoPackage - a lightweight format that can contain large amounts of complex data in a single, easy to distribute and ready to use file.v21.11 mbSeptember 30, 2021
- OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer - Technical specificationsThe technical specification provides detailed technical information about the product. It is targeted at technical users and software developers.v1.12 mbApril 4, 2022
- OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer - OverviewThe overview introduces the product and gives context for all users. It highlights key features, provides examples of potential uses for the product and lists details like file sizes, supply formats, etc.v1.12 mbApril 4, 2022
- OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer - Release noteInformation about the latest OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer product release.v154.4 kbOctober 30, 2023
OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer is designed to work with OS MasterMap Topography Layer and will be aligned to a particular release.
As Topography Layer is released every six weeks, it will be necessary to use the version number on the feature in both products to identify which release corresponds to your current holding of OS MasterMap Greenspace Layer.
Get this product
What you get
- Key features
- Sustainable service delivery
- Environmental management
- Powering policies
- Natural Capital
- Data structure
- Vector - Polygons
- Update frequency
- Every six months
How to access
Ordnance Survey's commercial network of Partners can help you with bespoke location solutions, derived from OS data
Ranging from global giants to single entrepreneurs, our Partners all use our location data to create innovative products and services. Their expertise ensures customers can benefit from using our data for a range of services. Find a partner for topography mapping requirements.
Ready to get started with our data and APIs?
Choose your plan and create your account. Take the next step by signing up to the OS Data Hub and create your first project today.
Download Premium data from the OS Data Hub
If you're an OS Licensed Partner you can use the OS Data Hub to access OS data products and manage your account all in one place.
Government and public sector
OS Data Hub for PSGA members
If your organisation is a member of the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement, access the OS Data Hub to access our products.
Utilities and Telecoms
OS Connect support
Our Ordnance Survey Account Managers have specialist knowledge of projects for utilities and telecoms customers and should be your first point of contact for product enquiries.
For further help about how our data can transform your organisation, contact us todayContact us