How many miles of roads are there in the country? What and where’s within 10 miles of this location? OS Open Roads lets you answer questions like these.
Work with definitive road information. By underpinning your reporting tool with OS Open Roads, you’ll give highways teams a head-start on fixing issues like potholes.
Save money and benefit from simple licensing terms. OS Open Roads is free to view, download and use for commercial, education and personal purposes.
OS Open Roads contains minor roads as well as trunk roads. The only roads not shown are private roads and shorter cul-de-sacs.
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||GML 3.2, Esri Shape file|
|Data structure||Vector points and lines|
|Attributes||Motorways, A-roads, B-roads, road classification, road name, primary route information, motorway junction information, links to our premium OS MasterMap Highways Network products.|
|Scale||1:15 000 to 1:30:000|
|Update frequency||Twice a year – April and November|
OS Open Roads is available under the following licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2018
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
Read more about Open Data licences