What 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster provides you with
Must-have map for hikers and cyclists
1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster is the must-have map in any navigation app or device for hikers and cyclists. It depicts the landscape with detail and clarity that’s unsurpassed at this scale.
Easy software annotation
When you need map extracts for a consultation document, or a magazine for walkers, 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster TIFF files can be opened and annotated in software like Photoshop and InDesign.
We give you 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster at a resolution of 254 dpi – and Partners at a staggering 660 dpi – so it looks stunning on today’s high-resolution displays, whether on desktop, tablet or mobile.
Plenty of places to visit
Tourist and heritage attractions of many types are shown on this mapping, so leisure app users can use it to find their way to a place of interest, whether it breaks up a day’s walking or keeps the kids amused on a rainy day.
Need more technical information?
Read product guides, technical specification and further documents and support.
- Use cases
Helping ramblers and landowners
Along with a wide range of rights of way – footpaths, bridleways, National Trails and more – 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster shows 'access land' that’s open to all. Thanks to this level of detail, visitors can enjoy the countryside and keep out of trouble.
For emergency responders, this map can help you quickly and safely to incidents in remote areas. Field boundaries are included, along with contours, vegetation, scree and shoreline detail.
- Data theme
- Data structure
- Great Britain
- 1:25 000
- TIFF 8-bit LZW compressed
- TIFF PackBits compressed
- Ordering area
- Customisable Area (10km2 tiles)
- Publication months
- OS Data Hub plan
- Public Sector Plan
- Premium Plan
- Energy & Infrastructure Plan
Documents and Support
Getting started guides
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster - OverviewThe overview introduces the product and gives context for all users. It highlights key features, provides examples of potential uses for the product and lists details like file sizes, supply formats, etc.v2.8325 kbNovember 9, 2023
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster - Technical specificationThe technical specification provides detailed technical information about the product. It is targeted at technical users and software developers.v3150 kbDecember 15, 2021
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster - Map symbols legendThe legend for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster.v1.63.4 mbFebruary 9, 2023
- 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster - Welsh map symbols legendThe Welsh language legend for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster.v1.63.4 mbFebruary 9, 2023
- Product refresh datesFind out the update frequencies of our premium products and the calendar months that they are updated.link
- Full tile listThe full tile list for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster.excelv453 kbDecember 12, 2023
- Change only update tile listThe change-only update tile list for 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster.excelv220kbDecember 12, 2023
660 dpi or 254 dpi
Palette of 256 colours
Get this product
What you get
- Key features
- Must-have map for hikers and cyclists
- Easy software annotation
- Retina resolution
- Plenty of places to visit
- Contextual or derived mapping
- Data structure
- Update frequency
How to access
Ordnance Survey's commercial network of Partners can help you with bespoke location solutions, derived from OS data
Ranging from global giants to single entrepreneurs, our Partners all use our location data to create innovative products and services. Their expertise ensures customers can benefit from using our data for a range of services. Find a partner for contextual or derived mapping requirements.
Ready to get started with our data and APIs?
Choose your plan and create your account. Take the next step by signing up to the OS Data Hub and create your first project today.
Download Premium data from the OS Data Hub
If you're an OS Licensed Partner you can use the OS Data Hub to access OS data products and manage your account all in one place.
Government and public sector
OS Data Hub for PSGA members
If your organisation is a member of the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement, access the OS Data Hub to access our products.
Utilities and Telecoms
OS Connect support
Our Ordnance Survey Account Managers have specialist knowledge of projects for utilities and telecoms customers and should be your first point of contact for product enquiries.
For further help about how our data can transform your organisation, contact us todayContact us