- Overcoming inconsistent and out-of-date map extracts.
- Finding locations involved in investigations without delay.
- Planning staff deployment for house-to-house enquiries.
- Gaining a single view of all locations relevant to the investigation.
- Presenting geographic information in an easy to understand manner
By using the OS OnDemand service as part of their Public Sector Mapping Agreement, the IPCC can freely access mapping data via the web, instead of relying on map extracts supplied by Police forces. Direct access to this mapping data allows maps produced to be manipulated and presented quickly and in a professional manner. The IPCC can now investigate incidents and complaints in a smarter, more efficient way, accessing mapping data for any area of England and Wales on demand and in the right level of detail to suit their needs.
- Less time spent pinpointing what took place where.
- Better single view of the geographic context of an incident.
- More effective planning of house-to-house enquiries.
- Clearer presentation of final reports used by courts