Land Registry is responsible for registering the ownership of land and property in England and Wales.
To help achieve its vision to be recognised as a world leader in the digital delivery of land registration services, a new map service, MapSearch, has been devised using Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA) data supplied by OS and index data from Land Registry. From the offset the service saved time, money and resources as well as providing enormous customer satisfaction.
What were the challenges?
- Enable customers to perform their own land title searches online.
- Provide a streamlined service to check more than 24 million land registrations and title numbers.
- Reduce the number of Search of the Index Map requests.
- Improve customer service.
- Introduce efficiency savings.
What was the solution?
The viaEuropa hosted map service from Europa Technologies provides MapSearch users with access to the detailed Ordnance Survey base map. It bridges the huge gap between raw data delivery and a finished map product ready for delivering location-intelligent applications. User experience was a key aspect of its development, and customers were involved from the outset in determining functionality and overall direction of the service.
What were the outcomes?
- Increase in customer satisfaction as service is improved.
- Increase in efficiency savings – the application saves time and money.
- A standards-based approach ensures compatibility and ease of integration.