Addressing data is a lifesaver for the Fire and Rescue service.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (NYFRS), the largest county FRS in England, successfully migrates to AddressBase Premium, efficiently identifying resources closest to incidents – and helping to save lives.
What were the challenges?
- Replacing a system that was in need of a major update.
- Managing a large database effectively. Implementing regular updates and applying quality assurance.
What was the solution?
Introducing a new Command and Control system allowed NYFRS to use OS AddressBase Premium as the corporate gazetteer. The use of Capita software, in conjunction with ESRI’s AcriGIS Mapping product, allows operators to identify where incidents have occurred with more accuracy. New search scripts were defined to pinpoint the correct address quickly and accurately.
What were the outcomes?
- A single Unique Property Reference UPRN anchors the data which can be modified and loaded onto central computer system through the Bluelight Gazetteer.
- Resources are assigned to incidents more efficiently – potentially saving more lives.
- AddressBase Premium is the most comprehensive address database in Great Britain – with over 39 million entries.
- Data is constantly updated by OS, saving time and resources at NYFRS.
- Public Sector Licence allows flexibility in defining the area of data taken.
- Pinpointing non-addressable locations and properties more accurately and efficiently.