Emergency responders need to be ready to deal with crises and disruptive events – ranging from natural disasters to deliberate attacks. Now the emergency response community in the UK have access to a new, fully accredited and secure information-sharing platform called ResilienceDirect™, underpinned by OS location data provided under the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA).
- Coordinating response and recovery during emergency situations.
- Sharing information effectively during emergency response and planning.
- ‘Cutting across’ the different processes and technologies used by each response organisation.
- Making the UK a safer place.
With ResilienceDirect, real time information can be shared across all organisational and geographic boundaries. For the first time, organisations can work collaboratively during an incident. It brings location context to your data and can integrate with other live third party datasets making you better informed and able to make more accurate decisions, directly from your desktop or mobile device.
- Easy-to-use and intuitive platform underpinned by world-class mapping data.
- Free to use. No digital certificates make it accessible anywhere on almost any device.
- Detailed mapping data from Ordnance Survey allows responders to pinpoint risk areas and communicate information accurately, in some cases specifically to an individual building.
- Designed to cut across multiple communication channels to drive greater efficiency and joint working at strategic and tactical levels.
- More than £760k in efficiency savings already delivered.
Why choose OS data
ResilienceDirect has transformed the way that local resilience forums share work and good practice, dramatically improving information-flow, which is so critical in a major incident.Paul Netherton, ACC, Devon and Cornwall Police
Data sharing can create cost efficiencies in the public sector and also provide benefits to the general public. OS can give you access to a range of mapping datasets, which are free at your point of use.