Supporting geospatial data provision and capabilities in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Survey and Land Registration Bureau (SLRB) is the national authority responsible for all survey activities and property transactions in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
In a move to grow its geospatial capacity and capability, SLRB drew on Ordnance Survey (OS) expertise and corporate strategy to develop a new transformation programme for the organisation.
SLRB organises, registers and documents all survey activities (including base mapping, boundary and hydrographic) as well as property transactions in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The organisation aims to be the definitive geospatial provider in the region.
This project involved a number of key challenges:
- Introducing a strategic vision for delivering and embedding long-term business growth.
- Fitting into the Bahrain 2030 Economic Vision and meeting the needs of stakeholders.
- Putting positive, sustainable and tangible change into action.
- Identifying and justifying investment requirements and budget submissions.
Ordnance Survey collaborated with SLRB and their stakeholders to establish the existing strategic position and establish stakeholder expectations of SLRB in future.
We agreed a new vision and suite of critical success factors for SLRB, so senior leaders had the building blocks required to grow their geospatial and land administration capability and capacity. We also created a strategic roadmap, which provided SLRB with a practical tool to implement their new vision and strategy.
To ensure the new vision and strategy weren’t developed in isolation – we continually engaged stakeholders in the transformation programme.
"Ordnance Survey has a reputation as a world leader of geographical information, developed from their strong performance as the national mapping agency for Great Britain. OS has a well-defined strategy in providing their customers with accurate and efficient services, and a strong track record of working collaboratively with partners."Vince Cable MP, former British Secretary of State for Business.
- This project provided a platform for SLRB to make changes to their organisational structure and culture for the better.
- The collaborative working approach has ensured the new strategy is comprehensive, considered and sustainable across Bahrain.
- SLRB’s role and remit has been formally established in Government.
If you'd like to speak to us about our consultancy and support internationally, call us on: +44 (0) 3456 05 05 05.
We can also offer a geospatial maturity assessment to help you understand how mature your organisation is and where you need to be.