- 19 May 2019 01:52PM
- 46 Views
- Visits: 4
- Discussions: 2
- Responses: 0
- Registered: 12 April 2019 11:12AM
- Last active: 23 May 2019 10:06PM
After downloading some data, I want to view it. The recommended GIS seems to be QGIS, but
1. Colours are all wrong & they change in a weird fashion from 1 tile
to the next. ( I would like to see the colours as in the OS paper maps.
I never realised how good these are until I saw some horrible
2. Excessive details for small scale. On paper maps, a small scale map
shows less detail. QGIS tries to show everything, and on small scale
the map is horribly cluttered & you cant see anything.
3. I would like to be able to combine .shp files from different tiles.
e.g TF_railway + TG_railway --> joint_railway
Please any advice? Thank you