FOI16659– Request for information
Thank you for your email of 31 March 16, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
- How much money your Department has been sending each year to the European Union to fund research during the last 10 years.
- The amount of money your Department has been providing to the European Union for "Horizon 2020", "Cosme", the Consumer Programme, the "3rd Health Programme", the Research Fund for Coal and Steel, the Justice programme and the Promotion of agricultural products; since those programme’s beginning.
- The amount of money your Department has received from the European Union to fund research and innovation programmes and, if possible, a list of those programmes.
I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested to respond to your information request. Where the information is not held, this is stated.
- I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does not hold this information as no money has been sent to the European Union by Ordnance Survey to fund research during the last 10 years.
- I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does not hold this information as no money has been provided to the European Union for the listed projects since those programme’s beginning.
- I can confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold this information. The amount of money received by Ordnance Survey from the European Union to fund research and innovation programmes is £428788.71. The programmes that have received money from the European Union are:
- European Location Framework
As requested I have also provided this information in a Microsoft Excel format which can be found attached (available on request).
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.