FOI14627 – Request for information
Thank you for your email of 19 January 2016, requesting:
I want to make a Freedom of Information request, could you please send me the following information with regards to the organisation’s Mobile Phones. You may have received the same request in the past and this information sent has now expired and I require an update as soon as possible for the following information:
If there is more than one provider please split all the information including including the annual average spend, number of users, duration, contract dates and internal contact details.
1. Network Provider(s) - Please provide me with the network provider name
2. Annual Average Spend- Can you please provide me with the average annual spend over the 3 years. If this is a new contract can you please provide the estimated annual spend.
3. Number of Users- Number of connections for each network provider.
4. Duration of the contract- please state if the contract also include contract extensions for each provider.
5. Contract Start Date- please can you provide me with the start date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date i require the contract dates of the signed agreement.
6. Contract Expiry Date- please can you provide me with the expiry date of the signed agreement. Please do not provide me with the framework contract date i require the contract dates of the signed agreement. If the contract is rolling please state.
7. Contract Review Date- Please can you provide me with a date on when the organisation plans to review this contract.
8. The person within the organisation responsible for this particular contract. Can you send me the full contact details Contact Name, Job Title,
Contact Number and direct email address for each network provider? If full contact details cannot be provided please send me the actual job title.
If the supply of mobile phones if provided by an external organisation please state the name of the organisation, the number of users (Connections of your organisation only) and the name of the network provider.
Please can you provide me with the latest information- If the organisation’s is currently out to tender please can you also state the approx. date of award along with the information above.
Also if contract in the response has expired / rolling please can you provide me with further information if available of the organisation’s plans going forward with regards to mobiles and the current status?
If this contract was awarded within the past three months can you please provide me with a shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
Information relating to the contact details of the person who is responsible of the above contract is held by Ordnance Survey but is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the FOIA ’ personal information’.
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work email address constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40(3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be ’fair’ (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA ’the duty to provide advice and assistance’ we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 050505 and our Customer Service email: email@example.com.
When Section 40(2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
I hope the above is of use to you.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.