FOI16687– Request for information
Thank you for your email of 23 June 16, requesting the following information from Ordnance Survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
I would like to submit a new FOI request that expands from a request I have already submitted around the organisation's financial services contracts, but I only want the organisation to concentrate on the response relating to card processing and merchant services.
From the response you have provided to me in relation to card processing and merchant services this shouldn't come under one category "merchant services" because both services are different. Please see below for more information:
- Card processing services - this is a contract the organisation may have that relates to the use of debit/credit cards by staff to make payments to suppliers. This also includes procurement cards.
- Physical card/payment machines - this is a contract whereby people make payments to the organisation via a machine or terminal. This also includes machines that have chip and pin and contactless.
In order for me to understand this information further I was hoping to request/add a key piece of information that will enable me to understand the contract the organisation holds and whether this is a merchant and card processing contract.
In a nutshell, what I require from the organisation is to review the information from the response you have already provided to me, around the contracts specifically for card processing/merchant services. I want the organisation to basically state whether the contract they have provided is card processing or merchant services or both.
If the contract is card processing please just input this next to the response provided, the same for merchant services.
If the organisation has not included a card processing service contract, please input the contract information into the response:
- Contract category: Please select from the categories provided: Merchant services or Card processing services.
- Existing supplier name of supplier for each contract.
- Contract description: Please do not just state two to three words; can you please provide me detailed information about this contract and please state if upgrade, maintenance and support is included. Please also include the modules included within the contract.
- Annual average spend: The total annual average spend for each contract.
- Contract duration: What is the duration of the contract? Please include any available extensions within the contract.
- Contract start date: What is the start date of this contract? Please include month and year of the contract. DD-MM-YY or MM-YY.
- Contract expiry: What is the expiry date of this contract? Please include month and year of the contract. DD-MM-YY or MM-YY.
- Contract review date: What is the review date of this contract? Please include month and year of the contract. If this cannot be provided, please provide me estimates of when the contract is likely to be reviewed. DD-MM-YY or MM-YY
- Contact details: I require the full contact details of the person within the organisation who is responsible for this particular contract.
- Notes: Please provide me with any further information with regards to this contract. This could include any contract extensions available as well as information on renewals or plans for future tenders.
The organisation may also find that they have a contract that covers both merchant and card processing. If so please input both contract types.
Can you please input the information within the spread sheet attached? Sometimes emails with attachments will get stopped by spam filters and you may not be able to view the attachment. If this is the case please download the form.
Please note that we did not receive any attached spreadsheet, and there was no link included in the email so have entered the data into a blank spread sheet. I confirm that Ordnance Survey does hold some of the information you have requested. Where the information is not held or is exempt from disclosure, this is detailed.
Information relating to the contact details of the person who is responsible of the above contract is held by Ordnance Survey but is exempt from disclosure under Section 40(2) of the FOIA 'personal information'.
We consider this exemption applies because the release of: employees names, personal contact telephone numbers and their own work e-mail address constitutes personal data, and is exempt because the release of this information would breach one of the data protection principles, as detailed in Section 40(3) (a) (i) of the FOIA.
In applying this exemption, we have considered whether disclosure of the personal data in question would be 'fair' (as described in Part II of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act). We have also given particular consideration to the likely expectations of the data subject regarding the disclosure of their personal information in this manner.
Under Section 16 of the FOIA 'the duty to provide advice and assistance' we can advise of our general Customer Service telephone number: 03456 050505 and our Customer Service email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Section 40(2) of the FOIA is engaged, and where the release of the requested information would breach one of the Data Protection principles, this constitutes an absolute exemption, and no public interest test is required.
Your enquiry has been processed according to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. If you are unhappy with our response, you may request an internal review with our FOI Internal Review Officer, by contacting them as follows:
FOI Internal Review Officer
Customer Service Centre
Please include the reference number above. You may request an internal review where you believe Ordnance Survey has:
- Failed to respond to your request within the time limits (normally 20 working days)
- Failed to tell you whether or not we hold the information
- Failed to provide the information you have requested
- Failed to explain the reasons for refusing a request
- Failed to correctly apply an exemption or exception
The FOI Internal Review Officer will not have been involved in the original decision. They will conduct an independent internal review and will inform you of the outcome of the review normally within 20 working days, but exceptionally within 40 working days, in line with the Information Commissioner’s guidance.
The FOI Internal Review Officer will either: uphold the original decision, provide an additional explanation of the exemption/s applied or release further information, if it is considered appropriate to do so.
Appeal to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
If, following the outcome of the internal review you remain unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Case Reception Unit
Customer Service Team
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone helpline: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 for advice, Monday to Friday.
Thank you for your enquiry.