Zoom in from here. This is ideal as an initial map for your GIS. It highlights Britain while showing neighbouring countries of Europe.
Your message will stand out as there is no clutter on this map. It's also great for hand-outs, desktop publishing and classroom use.
The GB Overview Map is free to view, download and use for commercial, educational and personal purposes.
Choose your map
Download the map that is right for you. Ordnance Survey provides a map highlighting roads and cities, and another with terrain to the fore.
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||GeoTIFF LZW compressed 254 dpi|
|Colour options||256 colours|
|Update frequency||Annually each December|
|Supply||Online downloaded and DVD|
|Coverage||Great Britain and neighbouring parts of Europe|
GB Overview Maps is available under the following licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2018
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2018
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2018