Enables you to create backdrop overview maps tailored to the information you need to convey.
Renders very quickly in GIS software thanks to its light-weight design.
The January 2016 update to Strategi was its last. Mapping in this product won't change again to reflect the evolving landscape.
An OS Open Data product
Strategi is free to view, download and use for commercial, educational and personal purposes.
Includes features such as railways, airports, rivers, villages, woods, land use and place names.
The bundled 1:250 000 search gazetteer features village names and National Grid coordinates.
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||Map data: DXF AutoCAD (compatible release 12), ESRI Shapefile/E00 text or Mapinfo TAB Gazetteer: ASCII text file|
|Attributes||Railways, airports, ferries, water features, cities, towns and other settlements, woods and land use and geographic names.|
|Update frequency||No longer updated (Last update: January 2016)|
|Supply||Online download and DVD|
Strategi is available under the following licences:
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2020
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2020
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2020
OS data supports Birmingham’s perinatal mental health service
Improving perinatal services in Birmingham with Ordnance Survey (OS) data.
Using GIS to plan for housing growth
Ordnance Survey (OS) mapping enabled a local council to build an accurate picture of sites, which could be redeveloped for housing.