A single data file
There’s no need to crunch 1000’s of data files – we’ve done it for you. The data is available in just one single file. It’s provided in easy-to-use formats to help you get started quickly.
The data is compatible with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), web, mobile and offline systems. It’s highly customisable, giving you the flexibility you need.
Vector Map Tiles contain actual data and not just images, which can be interrogated and analysed. The high-definition mapping also renders quickly, giving a seamless experience.
OS Open Zoomstack gives you consistent mapping content across the whole of Great Britain. Zoom out for an overview or zoom in to get street level detail. From the Scilly Isles to Shetland you get a seamless mapping experience.
By combining elements of OS OpenData, OS Open Zoomstack offers a variety of mapping features, from local buildings to contours, from greenspaces to foreshore. Whether you are mapping urban or rural environments you will find the content you need – and you can customise it too.
Map with style
OS Open Zoomstack is supplied with four beautiful cartographic styles. You can also create your own look and feel by customising the cartography. Apply your own brand colours or get creative, OS Open Zoomstack allows you to create the maps you want.
See who is using OS Zoomstack data
Many organisations are already experimenting with our OS Zoomstack data including:
- BBC News - to compare rent affordability
- Axis Maps - to create an interactive house prices map
- Northumberland National Park - Tom Chadwin says OS Open Zoomstack is "A game-changed for mapping"
If you would prefer to consume your mapping data as an API, take a look at OS Maps API.
How to get this product
Our open data products are covered by the Open Government Licence (OGL), which allows you to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the data;
- adapt the data; and
- exploit the data commercially, whether by sub-licensing it, combining it with other data, or including it in your own product or application.
We simply ask that you acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data by including the following attribution statement:
- Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2022
- Where you use Code-Point Open data, you must also use the following attribution statements:
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and Database right 2022
- Contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right 2022
|Key Features||What this product offers|
|Format||GeoPackage, Vector Tiles (MBTiles)|
|Data structure||Vector (points, lines, polygons, text)|
|Scale||National level to street view (GB overview to 1:10 000 scale)|
|Update frequency||Six Monthly (June and December)|
|Supply||GB download only|