Skip to content

Licensing and agreements

Choose the best Ordnance Survey licence for you.

Trade Mark Licensing application process

For the use of the Ordnance Survey Brand under licence on non-mapping / merchandise products.

Land Registry services: OS terms and conditions

OS data in HM Land Registry and Registers of Scotland services is subject to certain conditions, depending on application.

One Scotland Mapping Agreement

By signing up, you can access and share OS mapping data with organisations like yours across Scotland.

Data Exploration Licence

Explore and use Ordnance Survey (OS) premium data to develop your ideas for free before deciding if the paid-for service is for you.

Open Government Licence

Using OS OpenData products and your derived data under the Open Government Licence (OGL).

Paper Map Copying Licence

Use our Paper Map Copying Licence (PMCL) to support your business with unlimited copied OS mapping.

Publishing licence: Printing OS maps

Find out about using our maps in your publication and apply online for a licence.

Using OS data in education and research

Schools, colleges and universities can make sure they're licensed to use OS data.

Public sector licensing: Contractors

Use the Public Sector Contractor Licence where a contractor provides works or services under a formal agreement.