We are insights-driven and outcomes-based to help accelerate returns on your investments. Across 21 industry sectors in 400 locations worldwide, our 90,250 professionals provide comprehensive, scalable and sustainable IT and business consulting services that are informed globally and delivered locally.
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world.
Meet the Partner
How they can help you
In the Geospatial industry, we have more than 500 experts in Geospatial and related technologies in the UK and further across the globe helping clients accelerate deriving value from fusion of data with geospatial and earth observation data. As the value of data continues to evolve rapidly to adapt to changing market demands, we help government and private organisations generate more value from their data helping our clients to move to new business models, modernize legacy IT environments, increase security, and become more customer-centric.
CGI GeoData360 is a state-of-the-art data processing platform supporting complex processing on large volumes of Earth Observation and Geospatial Data.
Key Features include:
- Data Access – efficient access to online archives.
- Granularity - containerisation at the level of individual processing step that increases flexibility, more efficient testing and implementation, improves optimisation potential from dynamic scaling.
- Reusability – a centralised repository of standardised processing steps enabling rapid prototyping.
- Orchestration and automation – linking process steps into complete processing workflows. Automation reduces operational costs.
- Dynamic scaling and portability – processing resources and storage currently running on AWS and CreoDIAS, you only pay for what you use. It is also portable to other infrastructures (both public and private).
- Inbuilt Monitoring - automatic monitoring of system performance, necessary to maintain system control in highly automated workflows.
- Security – access control and protection for third party IP.
We’re a leading provider of IT and business consulting services with 88,500 consultants and professionals across 400 offices worldwide. We use the power of technology to help clients drive forward their holistic digital transformation. Our end-to-end services include business and strategic IT consulting, systems integration and managed services, and our IP-based solutions accelerate value creation.
We help all level of organizations realize the value of their data. Whether this be from partnering with SMEs through to enterprise level solutions for Government.
As a global leader in Geospatial Services, CGI is uniquely positioned to help organisations exploit this rapidly evolving technology to support the evolution and optimisation of business critical services.
Integrated data from multiple sources, including location, plus intelligent automation transforms service quality and improves efficiency for The Coal Authority. The Coal Authority (TCA) manages legacy issues, including subsidence damage claims, associated with the UK’s historic coal mining industry. With 25% of the country’s housing stock lying within coalfield areas, accessing a TCA mining report is often an important step in the conveyancing stage of house purchases.
CGI has enabled the TCA to digitise and automate its mining report service, end-to-end. The new system uses intelligent automation to generate the reports, integrating data from a number of sources including Ordnance Survey and a commercial partner which provides address validation. At the front end, an intuitive web interface makes it easy for users to self-service. More than one million reports have now been generated by the TCA’s digital mining report service.
Benefits of the streamlined service include:
- Reduced transaction costs for the TCA and for citizens
- Faster transactions: reports now take minutes, and sometimes just seconds, to produce
- 100% increase in mining report productivity – 600 reports are generated every day
- 59% of users now rate the service as excellent