We offer a range of world-leading flood risk data for insurance risk selection, underwriting, pricing and portfolio management; reinsurance pricing, capital management, accumulation/ hotspot assessment and portfolio management; asset/ investment management; disaster risk reduction/ planning and more.
We can provide solutions for all customers regardless of the size of their operation, from start-ups to multi-national corporations, as we provide our data in a variety of different formats and via a variety of different licence arrangements, both directly from JBA and through our extensive range of resellers.
Cost varies depending on sector, size of portfolio, size of company and individual requirements. Licences can be provided on a pay-per-view transactional licence or via annual/ multi-year agreements, to meet a variety of financial requirements.
Global flood mapping
Extents and depths for flooding over multiple return periods. Consistent 30m coverage worldwide for river (fluvial) and surface water (pluvial) flooding, with 5m resolution coverage and/or bespoke methods in the UK, US, Europe, Australia, and Canada. Coastal flooding available in key locations.
Global probabilistic flood modelling
Large-scale spatial and temporal correlations of flood events and loss estimations. Consistent 30m coverage worldwide for river (fluvial) and surface water (pluvial) flooding, with 5m resolution coverage and bespoke methods in the UK and Europe. Coastal flooding available in key locations.
Location-specific flood risk profiles and loss estimations.
- UK Flood Pricing Data – river (fluvial), surface water (pluvial) and coastal flood, 5m mapping
- Canada Flood Pricing Data – river (fluvial), surface water (pluvial) and coastal flood, 30m mapping
- Australia Flood Pricing Data – river (fluvial) and surface water (pluvial) flood, 30m mapping
- US Flood Pricing Data – river (fluvial), surface water (pluvial) and coastal flood, 5m mapping – IN DEVELOPMENT
UK Climate Change Flood Model
Providing an estimation of future flood losses in the UK by 2040, under a realistic 2°C warming scenario, for river (fluvial), surface water (pluvial) and coastal flood.
Climate Change Analytics data suite
Providing a comprehensive view of future flood risk for every RCP scenario and 5-year time period from 2025 until the end of the century. Information available in GB for each UPRN.
- Climate Change Index – a relative percentage change in future flood hazard
- Climate Change Scores – an easy-to-understand flood score or colour rating for future flood hazard
- Climate Change Pricing Data – climate adjusted pricing data
We recognise that there is no “one size fits all” approach to flood risk management and our international consultancy team can work with clients to meet bespoke requirements.