The Land App provides authoritative data and an affordable cloud-based GIS platform used by farm and estate managers, rural surveyors, ecologists and property professionals.
The Land App’s mission is to support the land management sector by providing easy-to-use, authoritative, and affordable mapping and GIS solutions for farm and estate managers, rural surveyors, ecologists and property professionals.
The Land App has been designed for the land management sector and in collaboration with partners, including Ordnance Survey, HM Land Registry and the Rural Payments Agency.
How they can help you
The Land App provides instant access to authoritative datasets on-demand:
- Ordnance Survey basemaps for the whole of GB, including interactive MasterMap data
- HM Land Registry ownership data for all titles in England and Wales
- Rural Payment Agency land cover data for England with a one-click import
- A wide range of statutory designations, planning constraints and administrative boundaries such as Ancient Woodlands, SSSIs, Listed Buildings and Agricultural Land Classification
The app also gives customers pre-styled project templates to enable structured data and efficient workflows, including:
- Basic Payment Scheme for subsidy applications and cropping plans
- Countryside Stewardship and Environmental Stewardship agri-environment schemes
- UK Habitat classification, for natural capital baselines and biodiversity net gain schemes
- Sales, valuation and title plans for efficient red-line boundaries
The Land App gives users access to affordable Ordnance Survey data for high quality, compliant plans for title registrations, planning applications, or official schemes. It offers:
- Affordable pay as you go model to purchase plans in PDF, JPEG or PNG format
- Cost savings for teams and professionals with the ability to reprint frames at no extra cost
- The option to buy data with a fixed annual licence under OS Distribution Contract for estates
- Integration with OS DataHub for professional customers to access £1,000 a month free threshold
Using The Land App can help teams work better together, with productivity tools, such as:
- Collaboration feature to invite your team or advisors to view and edit maps
- Team management feature to centralise and organise data across an organisation
- Link to online document management systems to quickly retrieve key information
- Upload photos to evidence change on-the-ground and delivery of schemes and projects
It also provides GIS tools and API services to connect data to your software ecosystem, including:
- API keys for professional customers to aggregate data created by your team in a central GIS
- Bespoke integrations with web mapping services to configure your team’s map layers
- The ability to import data in SHP, KML or GeoJSON format from your existing software
- The ability to export data in any file format with IP ownership of user-generated content
Land App’s primary focus is the land management sector, covering: land agency and valuation professionals; farm, estate, and forestry management; ecology, conservation and environmental consultants; planning and development; and institutional customers such as utility companies, local authorities, and wildlife trusts.
Land App’s product and pricing structure is designed to suit any size of customer, from an individual smallholding to enterprise customers with thousands of users.
Land App has a ‘freemium’ pricing model, which allows anyone to sign up for free and get started with their core mapping tools. For professionals and teams who need access to premium features, they have an affordable, tiered subscription that starts at £15 a month.