What AddressBase Premium provides you with
Addresses throughout the property lifecycle
The AddressBase Premium dataset contains Local Authority, Ordnance Survey and Royal Mail addresses, each uniquely referenced by the UPRN.
Spot data patterns
Property level coordinates within AddressBase Premium allow you to conduct analysis at the level of individual addresses and spot patterns hidden in your own data.
Shape your operations
With UPRNs being assigned as soon as planning permission is granted, with AddressBase Premium you'll have all the information you need to shape the way you plan, operate and communicate with your audience.
Enable efficient processes
Each address is referenced by the Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN), a persistent identifier for each address allowing you to manage addresses and making your processes more efficient.
Need more technical information?
Read product guides, technical specification and further documents and support.
- Use cases
AddressBase Premium is best suited for a range of applications:
- Utility demand planning
- Energy / utility switching
- Sales lead generation
- Fraud prevention
- Insurance underwriting
- Delivery / logistics
- Urban planning
- Asset maintenance
- CRM systems
- Data theme
- Data structure
- Vector - Points
- Great Britain
- 1:1250 to 1:10,000
- GML 3.2.1
- Ordering area
- All of Great Britain or customisable area (5km2 tiles or user defined polygon)
- OS Data Hub plan
- Public Sector Plan
- Premium Plan
- Energy & Infrastructure Plan
Documents and Support
Getting started guides
- AddressBase Premium - Getting started guideThe getting started guide provides instructions for using the product in different software applications. Users with limited technical knowledge will be able to follow this guide.v46.96 mbAugust 11, 2021
- AddressBase Premium - Technical specificationThe technical specification provides detailed technical information about the product. It is targeted at technical users and software developers.v1.61,386 kbSeptember 4, 2023
- AddressBase, AddressBase Core, Address Plus and AddressBase Premium - Product guideThis product guide is an introduction to the AddressBase suite of products and provides information on all three products, their main features and creation process.v1278 kbMarch 22, 2021
- AddressBase Premium - OverviewThe overview introduces the product and gives context for all users. It highlights key features, provides examples of potential uses for the product and lists details like file sizes, supply formats, etc.v1.6285 kbSeptember 7, 2023
- AddressBase - Local custodian codesLocal custodian codes for AddressBase.csvv2222 kbMay 13, 2021
- AddressBase Premium - Header filesHeader files to use with AddressBase Premium data.csvv23 kbDecember 13, 2023
- AddressBase Premium - Classification schemeZIP file with classification scheme documentation for AddressBase Premium.zipv2833 kbDecember 13, 2023
- Getting started with GeoPackageThis guide helps you to get started using GeoPackage - a lightweight format that can contain large amounts of complex data in a single, easy to distribute and ready to use file.v21.11 mbSeptember 30, 2021
- AddressBase products epoch datesFind upcoming and past epoch dates for our addressing products.link
- AddressBase products - Release notesThis release note provides information about the latest release of AddressBase and OS Open UPRN products.link
Multi-residency is information included in AddressBase Premium. The information is provided by Local Authority custodians, who identify multiple occupancy addresses with a shared entrance. This is shown in the data as a structured Parent and Child hierarchy.
AddressBase Premium addresses
AddressBase Premium includes addresses throughout the property lifecycle; from proposed planning development through to demolished address. The product also includes alternative addresses for current records where available, indicating variations on the official addresses and/or addresses in different languages (Welsh or Gaelic).
Other addresses known as Objects Without a Postal Address (OWPAs) are also included in AddressBase Premium, these include places of worship, community centres and utilities.
Data from Royal Mail’s PAF
The database is a vital component of the single address gazetteer database and is in each of the AddressBase products where there has been a match confirming the address to the LLPG address.
Get this product
What you get
- Key features
- Addresses throughout the property lifecycle
- Spot data patterns
- Shape your operations
- Enable efficient processes
- Addressing and location
- Data structure
- Vector - Points
- Update frequency
- Every six weeks
How to access
Ordnance Survey's commercial network of Partners can help you with bespoke location solutions, derived from OS data
Ranging from global giants to single entrepreneurs, our Partners all use our location data to create innovative products and services. Their expertise ensures customers can benefit from using our data for a range of services. Find a partner for addressing and location mapping requirements.
Ready to get started with our data and APIs?
Choose your plan and create your account. Take the next step by signing up to the OS Data Hub and create your first project today.
Download Premium data from the OS Data Hub
If you're an OS Licensed Partner you can use the OS Data Hub to access OS data products and manage your account all in one place.
Government and public sector
OS Data Hub for PSGA members
If your organisation is a member of the Public Sector Geospatial Agreement, access the OS Data Hub to access our products.
Utilities and Telecoms
OS Connect support
Our Ordnance Survey Account Managers have specialist knowledge of projects for utilities and telecoms customers and should be your first point of contact for product enquiries.
For further help about how our data can transform your organisation, contact us todayContact us