What Points of Interest provides you with
Take your analysis beyond the address
Points of Interest GIS data can help to identify places by their use and function as well as by their postal address or location. Each record also contains a telephone number, web address and brand, where appropriate.
Identify gaps in services
For the public sector, Points of Interest lets you identify gaps in services and analyse changes in city centre retail space over time. This helps you maintain a quality environment for your residents, shoppers and visitors.
Organisation and activity at commercial addresses
More than 45% of Points of Interest records are businesses. It shows the organisation and activity at commercial addresses in Great Britain, and includes the brand, phone number and web URL of major businesses.
Target the competition
Thanks to its detailed company classifications linked to addresses, you can conduct detailed competitor and site analysis for the potential location of your next high street outlet.
Sourced and quality-checked
Points of Interest contains over four million records, sourced and quality-checked from more than 100 leading listing suppliers. It's updated more than four times a year, so you'll always be working with current information.
Tailor your order
You can tailor your order to just what you need - and our tiered classifications make it easy to narrow down your choices. So if you only want to know about businesses in Wigan or banks in Kent, we're here to help.
Need more technical information?
Read product guides, technical specification and further documents and support.
- Use cases
- Eating and drinking
- Commercial services
- Sport and entertainment
- Education and health
- Public infrastructure
- Manufacturing and production
- Secure URL
- Data theme
- Geographical Names
- Data structure
- Vector - Points
- Great Britain
- 1:1250 to 1:10,000
- Ordering area
- Custom ordering options
- Publication months
- OS Data Hub plan
- Contact OS for information
Documents and Support
Getting started guides
- Points of Interest - Product informationThis document contains additional theoretical information related to the product. All users will find the Product Information document useful and informative.v4.31.2 mbFebruary 7, 2022
- Points of Interest - Technical specificationThe technical specification provides detailed technical information about the product. It is targeted at technical users and software developers.v4.3190 kbAugust 2, 2021
- Points of Interest - Classification schemeCustomers can select Points of Interest from the complete classification or from any combination of group and/or category.v3.4245 kbJanuary 9, 2023
- Points of Interest - Class countThis document lists all Points of Interest Classes and their record counts.v2505 kbJune 5, 2023
- Product refresh datesFind out the update frequencies of our premium products and the calendar months that they are updated.link
- Points of Interest - Small symbolsCustomise the appearance of the Points of Interest features to suit your requirements with our suggested symbols.zipv11.26 mbMarch 23, 2019
- Points of Interest - Large symbolsCustomise the appearance of the Points of Interest features to suit your requirements with our suggested symbols.zipv118.12 mbMarch 27, 2019
- Points of Interest - Release noteThis release note provides information about the latest release of the product.v195 kbDecember 11, 2023
Customise the appearance of Features
With our suggested symbols, in large and small sizes, you can customise points of interest features of a particular type.
Get this product
What you get
- Key features
- Take your analysis beyond the address
- Identify gaps in services
- Organisation and activity at commercial addresses
- Target the competition
- Sourced and quality-checked
- Tailor your order
- Addressing and location
- Secure URL
- Data structure
- Vector - Points
- Update frequency
How to access
Ordnance Survey's commercial network of Partners can help you with bespoke location solutions, derived from OS data
Ranging from global giants to single entrepreneurs, our Partners all use our location data to create innovative products and services. Their expertise ensures customers can benefit from using our data for a range of services. Find a partner for addressing and location mapping requirements.
Government and public sector
Contact one of our OS Licensed Partners to access this data product
Our network of Ordnance Survey's Licensed Partners can help you to find the right solution for your geospatial needs. Find a partner for addressing and location mapping requirements.
Utilities and Telecoms
OS Connect support
Our Ordnance Survey Account Managers have specialist knowledge of projects for utilities and telecoms customers and should be your first point of contact for product enquiries.
For further help about how our data can transform your organisation, contact us todayContact us