All countries rely on high-quality geographic data to support sustainable development. Information about location and place connects governments, businesses and individuals to their physical environment. Location underpins:
- Effective government and policy-making.
- National and federal economic growth.
- Safe, secure and sustainable local communities.
- National infrastructures.
- The protection of assets and resources.
More than ever before, countries must be geospatially-ready and fit-for-the-future. Governments and businesses around the world are quickly recognising this need for change.
Ordnance Survey International is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ordnance Survey (OS) – Britain’s mapping agency. Respected around the world, OS has been on its own journey for change in its 224-year history. New uses for its data have emerged and the market has grown significantly, with government and businesses using OS products to save tens of millions of pounds.
At Ordnance Survey International we can help make OS products, services and data more accessible, ranging from strategy formulation to geospatial data capture, to product development and marketing. Sharing the lessons learnt from an enterprise-wide investment programme in people, processes and technology, we help other organisations benefit from accurate geographic information (GI) and its multi-million pound potential.
Supporting our customers
We have developed a collaborative approach to working, helping our customers benefit from:
- The successful corporate strategy of OS
- Opportunities for structured knowledge sharing
- Methodology which reflects proven practice, delivers measurable benefits and encourages sustainability
- Vendor, product and technology-neutrality
Find out more about our approach to working with organisations around the world.