Scottish Government and Ordnance Survey have entered into an MOU that fosters the spirit of close co-operation and supports the PSGA.
PSGA Scotland management board reports to the Scottish Spatial Information Board – previously known as the Geography Steering Group. It ensures the agreement is helping to support the various GI related strategies in Scotland.
The key aims of the PSGA Scotland are to:
- Foster a partnership approach to the successful implementation and operation of the agreement.
- Identify issues that may cause tension in the partnership.
- Receive reports from Ordnance Survey (OS) on the usage of data.
- Provide an effective communication channel between the members of PSGA and OS.
- Promote the use of the PSGA within the public sector in Scotland.
- Grow the membership and support new members in using geographic information.
- Ensure that funding is secured for the PSGA during its term and the future.
- Support the aim and vision of the One Scotland One Geography document.
- Provide members with guidance on the PSGA.
- Support the implementation of the INSPIRE Directive in Scotland.
- Support the development of a Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) for Scotland.